Sunday, August 23, 2009

Who Am I

Who Am I
I am not the name my parents gave me 
I am not a university degree 
I am not what I seem to be 
“Who Am I”, “Who Am I” 

 Whatever I posses will one day wither 
Yet I scurry about hither and thither 
I am that which is subtler than ether 
“Who Am I”, “Who Am I” 

 My physical body changes every twenty one days
 My mind tricks me in so many different ways 
Only my soul cries out constantly and says 
“Who Am I”, “Who Am I” 

 I do not have one identity 
Many roles I have played throughout eternity
I ask this always and hold on to my integrity 
“Who Am I”, “Who Am I” 

 There is no one but Me to answer this query 
It will be revealed to me when my ego I bury 
Reverberating until, with my Source I merge and marry 
“Who Am I”, “Who Am I”

Eons have passed, time is high 
My heart is heavy and deeply I sigh 
In the guise of happiness internally I cry
 “Who Am I”, “Who Am I”

- Pepal Tree

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great first poem. What a fitting way to start this blog! congrats and keep up the good work!

    -Digital

    ReplyDelete
  3. i liked this poem very much. i like to write poems too, and i couldn't have done it better. this poem mostly describes how i am. i loved it, it was great.
    I loved this poem ALOT it really touched me and made me think how life can really b u got got some talent GIRL!
    A lot of wisdom and experience in this poem! The poet succeeds in describing so many ordinary life experiences we all can relate to and shows that each is valuable, from each one can learn.PEPAL Well done

    ReplyDelete