Saturday, September 10, 2011

Dolly the dog, Kurien the sheep



The day you came home you were so confused
To accept a sheep as a friend you refused
Eventually both of you made a great duo
You no longer took Kurien as your foe

I saw to it that of bones there was no dearth
Yet, every single bone you hoarded under the earth
What a big hole you dug; it was so hilarious a sight
I had a good laugh at your pathetic plight

A fond memory certainly you did etch
When imploringly you looked at me to play throw and fetch
A stone or stick you dropped at my feet
At this game you were adept and quite neat

A chilly night by the fire I sat
You huddled beside me, your back I pat
I stroked your fur and appreciated your loyalty
Through your dark beautiful eyes love emanates silently

Every evening you and Kurien would take a walk
I wonder in what language both of you talk
I watched you thoughtfully when your meals you spurned
The day when Kurien never returned

Your lonely walks you gradually stopped
Disinterested, at my feet you plopped
The sorrowful news in disbelief I denied
That away from home you had died

I know you are happy wherever you are
You are not near me neither are you far
We shall meet again, our bond will see to it
I will return your love, to eternity, bit by bit.

Bindu Vidyadhar
22.07.2009

No comments:

Post a Comment