Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Almighty

Almighty

A knower says You reside within my heart
But to look within I fall short
The knower also says You are everywhere
It is with You my existence I share

You created this wonderful world
On this colorful canvas Your love unfurled
I’m grateful that I am a part of it
In body, mind, soul and spirit

Have You created me or I, You?
I have to find out what is true
You are not different from me
For myself that truth I have to see

My questions may sound very absurd
Someday I shall be answered
Churning within are these queries
How do I do away with all my worldly worries?

You, by varied names we call
Is the name important? Claims are tall
Behind all names there is only ONE
Revealed to the seeker when differences are shun

To You are given varied forms
To worship You are set certain norms
With empty rituals and customs, You, no one can fool
To reach You Love is the only tool

How do I address You? I am ignorant
Only You are that which is permanent
You have existed throughout eternity
Whatever the name, Lord, God or Almighty

-Pepal Tree
06.08.2009

No comments:

Post a Comment